30 March 2006

Savage Pigwatch: Racist Capitol Hill Police Assault Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney

NBC-11 reported on their website today that Uncle Sam's Capitol Hill Pigs first profiled and then assaulted Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney.

While members of Congress can bypass metal detectors, this rule apparently does not apply to McKinney, a Black woman. Her Congressional office has issued a statement that detailing what happened once she entered the Longworth House Office Building.
I was urgently trying to get to an important meeting on time to fulfill my obligations to my constituents. Unfortunately, the Police Officer did not recognize me as a Member of Congress and a confrontation ensued. I did not have on my Congressional pin but showed the Police Officer my Congressional ID.
Additionally, the NBC account cited above also quotes a more detailed statement - reportedly from McKinney, too - that further elaborated on the Pig's repugnant behavior.
I was rushing to my meeting when a white police officer yelled to me. He approached me, bodyblocked me, physically touching me. I used my arm to get him off of me. I told him not to touch me several times. He asked for my ID and I showed it to him. He then let me go and I proceeded to my meeting and I assume that the Police Officer resumed his duties. I have counseled with the Sergeant-at-Arms and Acting Assistant Chief Thompson several times before and counseled with them again on today's incident. I offered also to counsel with the offending police officer.
The Pigs have - per usual - used anonymous sources with no evidence to concoct a completely fabricated account of the event. According to the ubiquitous "police official who didn't want to be named, McKinney hit the officer when the officer tried to stop her."

In addition to the Pigs fabricated account, their campaign to attack McKinney got a boost from others more than happy to make additional unsubstantiated charges about the attack. Another anonymous source - this time a member of the House Republican Conference, 'confirmed' that McKinney struck the officer.

And neo-fascist archivist Matt Druge cites yet another anonymous source who asserted, again without proof, that "the cop is pressing charges, and the USCP (United States Capitol Police) are waiting until Congress adjurns to arrest her, a source claims."

While we should all feel outraged with how Pigs use propaganda and lies to obscure their self-evident racism, it should come as no surprise that they should use them to smear Cynthia McKinney. After all, they have targetted her for years.

After McKinney questioned the government's 9-11 fairy tale and made an impassioned defense of Palestinian rights in the face of the brutal onslaught by Apartheid Israel's military, similar forces targetted McKinney for defeat in her 2002 Democratic Primary. AIPAC, neo-Confederate racists, and the corporate media conspired to replace the outspoken Congresswoman. Dianne Mathiowetz wrote at the time that, "Her opponent, former judge Denise Majette, a political novice, received more than $1.1 to $1.6 million in contributions in the last months of the campaign, mostly from out-of-state donors connected to corporate political action committees and pro-Israel groups."

McKinney rallied from her defeat in 2002 to reclaim her seat in 2004, picking up where she left off in 2002. She called for hearings on Hurricane Katrina (hearings that racist Democrat elites ordered fellow Dems to boycott) in which victims of and eyewitnesses to the genocide and spacial deconcentration excoriated the government for their racist response.

With an accumulated record of challenging Uncle Sam's racist and corrupt power structure, McKinney has to know that she's a marked woman. Physical assaults by racist Pigs and efforts to utilize Sam's corrupt electoral system to shut her up mark only the tip of what will one-day expose itself as a massive COINTELPRO campaign against her.